Comments

1. Melina Elisa says

While I’ve reconnected with acquaintances before, and close friends that I had in high school that I’ve drifted away from because we both went to college and didn’t keep in touch. There was one friend that our friendship ended for a few years because of a fight we had, and then we magically became friends again years later. I think that’s the only person I’ve let back into my life, because we just genuinely loved, respected and appreciated each other. Not only had we both grown from what made our friendship end, but we were both willing to put the past in the past, and just continue to grow together. With the exception of that one singular moment, I don’t think I would let any other ex-friends, especially ex-best-friends back into my life. Most of them have hurt me too badly, that I know I would never trust them the way I used to. This was a great post Laura, I related to you so much with your personal experience running into an old friend xx

Melina | http://www.melinaelisa.com

Thank you Melina. That’s how I feel as well. There has been in most cases, too much upset to reconsider building anything again. But it is a great feeling when you have the odd person or people, who can come back and be friends. I’ve always loved the idea of staying friends with the same people and going through all these experiences together, but the older I get, the more unrealistic it sounds. It’s funny how in high school, you really believe in the whole best friends forever. xx

2. Paolo B. says

Didn’t know that part about the different type of friends. Very interesting. As for reconnecting I’d say it definitely depends. Haven’t done it much myself though.

I came across it for the first time as well when putting this post together. I have a lot of experience reconnecting – some good and some bad. Thank you Paolo for reading.

3. J | thenellybean says

Hahah bad wifi heaven – do people really think you can’t see right through them when they haven’t contacted you in years and suddenly they want your help to further their own agenda? I have mixed feelings about reconnecting with old friends, mostly because I feel like I don’t have much in common with mine anymore and there just isn’t that much to reconnect over. I think it also depends on the kind of relationship you had as well, and where you were when you started to lose touch. Though I think it’s a million miles better than having an ex partner try to reach out to you. Yikes, no thanks.

I would rather people just be honest and say if they’re messaging for help. Otherwise it’s bad wifi heaven 🙂
      How a friendship ends makes a big difference. If a friend just moved away, it’s much nicer for them to reach out than if a friend was showing toxic signs.
      But overall yes, has to be better than an ex partner! x