Comments

1. hoiyinli says

I read this the other night but completely forgot to reply as I was heading out or something.

Anyways, I think every person has some sort of ‘guilty pleasure’, ‘mini luxury’, ‘collector’s item’ quirk that some might argue is not necessary to function but for me, I think it’s important to have some sort of thing to treat yourself to even if it’s weekly rather than the daily coffee outside. I come from quite a traditional Chinese family and one of the things I’ve learnt is that, even if you quit what’s considered an expensive habit, you are not necessarily richer in your bank account – the money just gets spent elsewhere. I guess like all things in life (as cliche as it sounds), it’s important to balance. I love getting a coffee at the end of a working day especially because it’s like my reward for the day (plus I genuinely love coffee).

Personally, it’s no life for me if I can’t bring myself to spend money on something as little as a cup of coffee outside.

Everyone has to decide what their limit and balance is, otherwise you can argue everything you buy is a waste. Coffee seems so minimal and a very inexpensive way to treat yourself. So I agree and think it’s important to have your ‘thing’ that you like spending on.
      I don’t buy coffee daily anymore, but I do love visiting coffee shops and spending an hour or two chatting while sipping my drink. And when it’s hot, walking round with iced coffee keeps me going.
      Thank you for reading and commenting!! 🙂

2. K.M. Sutton says

LOVE this post and I agree with what you wrote! I definitely joke about being a coffeeholic, and I probably drink way to much coffee, but I also don’t drink soda or alcohol that often. I also always find I work better in a coffee shop, then from home. You are right, we can all save on something and we all have that one thing we “waste” money on. Of course if it makes us happy is it really wasteful? Thanks for sharing this beauty! <3

Thank you for reading! Everyone has their ‘thing’ that they like. And we’re all adult enough to decide whether the thing is worth having daily or weekly etc. I use to wake up at 5:30am for work, and going to a coffee house beforehand felt 100% necessary. It really helped me to wake up on time, knowing I had a nice coffee waiting. xx

3. thelonelyauthorblog says

Honestly, I drink several cups of coffee a day. All home made. On rare occasions, I will purchase a coffee in the street. I guess I would be saving millions, but I spend in on clothes. Thoroughly enjoyed reading about coffee trends.

I usually purchase coffee when I’ve been out shopping and need an energy boost. Or when I’m with a friend and want to socialise. But if I’m near my house, homemade coffee works great 🙂

I used to drink coffee but I don’t anymore due to acid reflux reasons. I feel that people make a big deal about drinking coffee as like it’s a must or something which annoys me. Also, like you mentioned, the latte art is really cute but it’s just a design on a coffee and I don’t understand why people make a big fuss about it and pay extra money for it lol. Def a waste of money and time. I feel that coffee is ok to consume and may be healthy if taken in lower doses but it def gets addicting. It really helps when working a 9-5 job but I feel that rather than the actual drink, I believe it’s just the self-motivation that matters.

I stopped coffee for 7 years and yeah I don’t drink coffee/tea or anything to keep me awake for me to be productive at work/school. It’s just getting used to. I got used to it and if I’m able to get my work done so well and be prod without drinking coffee just because of self-motivation. I’m such a tired person but I really make it a habit and try my best to motivate myself to get my work done and perfectly without having to be addicted or relying on coffee. Since it gets addicting, I feel that people need to consume less (only consume at work) and try it just naturally get things done/be motivated without having to rely on a drink. Great post girl 🙂

I never use to get the whole latte art thing, but then I went to a coffee shop and my drink came with the art. And I did think it looked quite cool – I wouldn’t pay extra for it though.
      Coffee is so addictive. I think it also has to do with routine, and many people tell themselves that they need to drink it before getting anything done. It’s almost like what a blanket is to a baby. I tend to drink more decaf now, I wouldn’t say I’m addicted, but I do like having a cup while writing.
      Thank you for reading lovely! xx