Comments

Love this! I don’t think that being emotional is a sign of weakness whether you are a woman or a man. It allows you to really express yourself and the sensitive side and there is nothing wrong with it. Not sure why society takes it in a negative way. I believe that emotional men are way more attractive since they are sensitive and they are able to understand what a woman goes through. I love guys who are attached, sensitive, and show their emotions rather than men who are cold-hearted and egotisical thinking that it’s a sign of weakness. I have dealt with detached men and they annoy the crap out of me since they are always detached and cold with their feelings. I would want a life partner who is able to show this feelings easily and show me that he cares and loves me instead of me having to question it all the time 🙂 Awesome post girl ❤️

Thank you lovely for taking the time to read and write this comment. To me emotion is a sign of strength. Opening myself up has been one of the hardest things I’ve had to overcome. I just think society and films etc, potray this idea of sensitive as being weak and less powerful. x

2. Chloe Luna says

Such an interesting topic! Loved this. Emotionally mature men are 9340234% more attractive, I don’t care what anyone says. Being in touch with yourself and sharing your thoughts and feelings? More of that please – being emotional shows maturity, in my opinion. Toxic masculinity is so disgusting and damaging, I pray that the stigma around men being vulnerable and showing their emotions dies out sooner rather than later, all we can do is try to actively change it one step at a time .xx

Thank you Chloe!! Sharing your thoughts and feelings is such a normal thing; it’s crazy how it’s assigned to one gender.
      I hate the idea that strong men are guys who bottle everything in. Talking about emotions puts you in a vulnerable place and I think you have to be strong to accept that. xx

I absolutely support men who are in touch with their emotions, and aren’t afraid to let it show.
    I think male emotions is mostly associated with showing anger, yelling at people, and punch things, and that’s both sad and horrible. Men need to be taught at a young age that it’s ok to feel more than anger. There’s no shame in it.

4. vividual says

I loved this post! This is such an important topic. I just had a conversation with a friend this week about a guy who is emotionally unavailable and she‘s trying to figure out his feelings for her. I personally like emotional men. Not super emotional but someone aware of his feelings and being able to express them. I want my future husband to cry at our wedding when I walk down the aisle. Maybe I just like men to be super romantic. Thanks for sharing Laura xx

Thank you! I’ve dealt with emotionally unavailable men and it’s usually a losing battle. Especially if they can’t admit they have issues.
      I’m not extremely emotional myself and so I’d struggle with a guy who is. But being emotional and aware of feelings is important to me. I wouldn’t want to date a guy who felt he had to keep things inside. xx

5. hoiyinli says

As you’ve correctly pointed out, being “emotional” relates to feeling lots of different emotions but with society, they have more or less reduced this to one emotion and that’s crying due to weakness. We fail to recognise as a society that crying can be a result of many things including relief. I believe I talked about crying in work which happened to me a few months ago and you kindly replied, essentially saying that we perform actions based on a feeling so we may not necessarily be crying from sadness for example.

If you are really asking the question, then my response is this: why can’t we as a society accept a mature man who’s just as okay to get in touch with his own emotions as well as others?

I think the problem with society is that everything is put in extremes. Emotional men are usually used in comedy depicting a guy who cries his eyes out hysterically upon seeing his daughter in a wedding dress or watching a romantic film.
      But as you’ve said, crying is just one emotion and it’s not just linked to sadness. I asked some people what they thought of emotional men before writing this piece, and they thought it linked to guys who wallow in self-pity or seem sad all the time.
      To me, there needs to be more shown and said on everyday guys talking about their feelings and then carrying on with life. All guys in theory should be emotional and aware of how their feeling. That shouldn’t be linked just to women.

6. Infinite Living says

You nailed it again and I enjoyed this article! I think what we are looking for is an emotionally mature, aware and sensitive man who understand his own and his partners feelings – or at least is able to attempt to understand. If we take this above gender and any other label about emotional meaning weakness – as you rightly say – then a person can be strong yet caring. Now that is a great combination 🙂

Strong yet caring is a perfect combination! I agree with you and would like a guy who is aware of his feelings and able to understand both them and mine. Which in turn, I’d want to do the same. Thank you for reading! 🙂