Comments

Ah can totally relate! Everyone knows me as the nicest girl or the girl who is too nice and I always say yes to everything. I tend to help everyone, putting them first but I do feel that I’m sometimes taken advantage of esp during my childhood. None of them was reciprocated. I love helping out but there are limits to everything just because I say yes. Over the years, I started to actually focus on myself and say no and I used to be guilty of it but now, I’m actually setting boundaries and it feels pretty good! This was def a huge life lesson for me and there is nothing wrong in putting yourself first for sometime and saying no to other people and things. They have to understand your point of view or they don’t deserve to be in your life. Great post as always ❤️

Thank you girl! I think sometimes I’m overly nice due to fear. Like I’m bad at confrontation. But lately I have been trying to take more steps to put myself and recognise when I’m being taken advantage of. x

I’ve always been the kind one with the sure-why-not-answer, but then I realized that some people only talked to me when they needed something. I got sick of it and started to say no. And people got angry. So, fine, don’t be my friend 🙂
    Yay seven year old you!!

Supposed friends like that are so annoying. When they come around to ask for a favour. Sometimes I throw something back at them and say okay if you can do this, I’ll do that. And then I just wait for them to go silent. 🙂

• The Life of Jea says

I’ve done that one too a few times 🙂
        And there’s always the one that will call/come over everytime something is wrong in their life and talk about every detail about it, but when you try and say something, it’s ignored. And then you don’t hear from them again until something else is wrong. Sigh!

Thank you and no problem at all! I’m going to have to do a blog post focusing on it after seeing you next month. xx

3. Infinite Living says

Very relevant post! Drawing boundaries to what you allow people to expect from you and following how a choice feels in my heart has been a very significant lesson for me.