Comments

1. Paolo B. says

There definitely is a psychological aspect to eating and food. Probably ingrained to us since child good. Treating foods as treats and rewards etc. For myself I do eat for pleasure, I love to eat. I find myself feeling the best though when I eat in moderation not cutting anything out but enjoying the everyday food and the special foods. I feel the worst when I binge after eating “clean” or when I do mindless eating ie. when watching tv. Knowing when to stop is huge, and feel so much better after. Thanks for the read Laura!

Thank you for reading Paolo. I always feel bad after binging or eating loads of bad food in a couple of hours. I agree it’s important to know your limits and not push past them.

I like your healthy mindset regarding this!!
    I try to have something extra delicious only once a week, any more and it’s just not good for me, and less will just give me horrible cravings. So I decided it was the best thing for me. But extra delicious can be anything from a nice bit of chocolate cake, or a really nice, creamy bowl of pasta 🙂
    This week it will be birthday cake while celebrating my mum tomorrow 🙂

I think that’s the main thing – realising your limits and not being afraid to reach them. Like I know if I spent a day eating loads of cakes and biscuits, pizza etc, I’ll feel awful and sluggish. But a little cake here and some cookies later on etc are fine. And birthdays/occasions are not everyday so why not indulge? 🙂

3. Infinite Living says

I agree with you that conscious choice of wholesome food and then healthy positive thoughts about it make all the difference. Because I appreciate a good feeling after eating and have sensitized myself to feeling overstuffed for example, I am able to indulge at times in moderation without eating in excess.

I’m glad you mentioned about being overstuffed because that’s something I use to deal with. I use to continually eat until I felt really full. But now I feel much better knowing when to stop. And that does allow for more indulgence without feeling guilt. Thank you for reading 🙂