Comments

You look so good in these photo’s! Amazing smile 🙂
    I’ve never thought about my dark side… All I can think of right now is that even the toughest of people doesn’t want to make me angry, I’m a bit like the Hulk there XD In my defense, it’s extremely hard to make me angry, =D

Thank you!! I love the idea of a dark side because it has so many different meanings. I think most people when angry will either explode or fester and hold in the rage until it unleashes in some kind of way. The worst outcome is to keep it all in and never move on. 🙂

I have to agree that sometimes the dark side can have benefits and can lead you taking the right decisions and improving yourself. Everyone has flaws and it’s your choice to embrace those flaws and weaknesses and make them into something good. I used to always compare myself with everyone and lacked self-confidence in every aspect. But now I’ve started to embrace those imperfections and know am comparing and competing with myself instead of others. It has def made a diff and those dark side/weaknesses def motivated me more & shaped me into a better person today. Btw, you look gorgeous in those pics ❤️ Love your topics and posts girl

Thank you so much lovely! I really appreciate and notice everytime you take the time to comment. I think from everything I know, you’re an amazing, motivated person who has the strength to acknowledge both good and bad, and use it to your advantage. Which is what I think people should do.
      I use to compare myself a lot as well but I’ve realised that comparisons are impossible because no two people are the same. So their lives naturally will be different. x

3. Jyo says

To be truth, everyone has a dark side, but how you act it out…that matters !
    When we embrace our imperfections, we’re embracing being human. After all, good things don’t have to be perfect and our worst parts are also some of our best parts
    Thank u for this powerful, honest and moving post, it is much appreciated

Thank you lovely. I appreciate that you liked this post and took the time to comment. I think how we act out our dark sides is what really counts. The difficulty is in trying to balance both good and bad.

4. hoiyinli says

McQueen was definitely one of my favourite designers growing up! I’ll have to check out that documentary! I also know they made something in relation to Gianni Versace’s death but I can’t remember if it was a documentary or an autobiographical series? I need to double-check this but I believe it’s available on Netflix too.

I would agree that we all have a dark side. The mind really fascinates me because it has the power to consume you if you fall into that part of your dark side and let it take over. It’s sad to think that the extraordinary art may have been a hint to his well-being and that he was in psychological trouble. Just like how Chester from Linkin Park wrote some disturbing lyrics on the most recent album before his death, the hints may have all been there but unfortunately we missed them.

The McQueen documentary is great because the story is told by himself and by his closest friends, family and workers. It’s honest and shows personal insight without it feeling disrespectful.

The Gianni one was the second American Crime Story if that’s the one you’re referring to? That was good but it was more about the killer and Gianni’s death.

I’ve always found it interesting the idea that we no little about our minds. I can’t say I honestly know my potential or completely understand my thoughts. I wonder why I remember certain things and forget others.

I think people do express their troubles through their art. It’s such a great outlet to share how you feel, but unfortunately some people show deep troubles that others don’t pick up on. Thank you for reading and commenting 🙂