Comments

Lol I guess poetry is not for everyone. Maybe I can teach you poetry and you can teach me how to present food incredibly 🙂

I love writing poetry! I write mostly about nature but does really allow you to express your inner feelings about a personal problem or experience that you can’t say out loud. Love your style of writing girl and how beautifully you express your thoughts. Would love to read more

Thank you girl! I’m thinking of starting a poetry account on Instagram so I’ll be able to post a lot more. I find poetry such a great way to express problems or an experience. 🙂

This was such a wonderful post!
    I’ve tried so hard, but I don’t undertand poetry. It’s the same with paintings and dance, I don’t understand it… I understand WHY people like it and think it’s beautiful, but that’s it.

Thank you Jea! I feel poetry has really opened up to new audiences recently. I don’t know many big poets and I’m not educated in the different forms but I like writing it. It’s not for everyone though.
      I love paintings but I cannot paint. I remember in school, I sketched a great potrait of myself, but ended up making myself look like a Simpson character. I spent ages mixing paints to get my skin tone and I just came out yellow. Like this – 🙂

• The Life of Jea says

I can paint a little, but I just prefer to draw X-MEN or Spider-Man and such, a lot more fun.
        I do have a favourite quote that’s from a poem – “Full many a flower is born to blush unseen. And waste it sweetness on the desert air.” Elegy written in a Country Churchyard by Thomas Gray.

If I could draw well, I’d happily spend time creating. Let’s just say it’s not one of my talents! That’s a beautiful quote. I’m going to have to look for this poem.

3. Infinite Living says

Absolutely beautiful article Laura and I relate to it very closely. How true that our very pain becomes our beauty. Also I agree how a poet picks words that come closest to what they mean and the readers find their own interpretations. Poetry is indeed an art that comes from such depth of our hearts and I believe it truly helped shape my life.