Comments

I don’t believe in luck, but I believe in the idea of luck.
    I have a lucky necklace, but i don’t believe it makes me lucky. I’ve worn it so many times when good things have happened to me. Now I look for good things whenever I wear it, and because I look for good things, odds are I will find something 🙂

I think luck is partially linked to thoughts and what we choose to see as luck. If I’m in a great mood, I’m more likely to notice things like paying for something just before a queue turns up and walking past a huge puddle on the road before a car drives past and splashes water. I think I use to have a lucky necklace but I have no idea where it’s gone – typical me! 🙂

• The Life of Jea says

I spent all day today saying I have no luck what so ever. Trying on clothes, nothing fits, it’s bad luck. Not really, I’m just overweight XD It was just easier to blame it on bad luck, haha 🙂

Lol or just blame the clothes. It was in the UK papers recently, a girl bought a dress online and it only fit one of her legs. Even though it was in her size.

I can totally relate to all of your posts girl! From my personal life, I’ve gone through this talent vs. luck and has been haunting me for years. I’ve put in so much hard work for my talents and I know I have so much potential but it never reflects in my real life and end up not succeeding that much. For me personally, even though I have what it takes I always end up with bad luck. Luck and I just don’t go togther lol. Talent, determination, hard work are really important but luck def matters as well. I feel like it’s a combo of all of them but more importantly the right timing also plays a signficiant role in success. Great post girl ❤️

Thank you girl! I think it a huge combination of things. Sometimes it’s to do with business – others may sell themselves better than a talented person or just plain old networking. I think all you can do is learn as much as you can and put yourself out there as much as you can, and then hope that luck will eventually help with the the rest. x

3. vividual says

I’m so happy I finally have time again to read all those interesting blog posts you posted in the last couple of weeks! I personally agree with what you found here. There are so many successful people out there that are not very talented. I see it all the time. Sometimes when uni doesn’t work out for me the way I expected, I tell myself that other people were just lucky. I tell myself that I was just unlucky and that it has nothing to do with how talented I am or not. Separating these two terms is very essential for me in order to learn to be happy with myself. Great post Laura xx

Thank you!! I know talent is partly based on opinion, but I agree and think there are countless people who have success without having the same skills as others. I think that is important to remember – sometimes we get unlucky and that has nothing to do with our talent. Thank you for reading. xx

4. whenlifeawakens says

I suppose we all have good luck and bad luck within us, or both can happen to us. Sometimes I feel like we are the opportunities that we seize, the risks that we take, and within it fate plays a role too.

I believe in that as well. What we see as opportunities and choose to take, affects the luck we have. Thank you for reading!