Comments

1. hoiyinli says

This is so true! It’s silly how we ask so much for validation from others when we know the answer already. Sometimes I think it’s important to just go with your gut and that way, you end up living more freely.

That’s exactly what I think. Lately I’ve been making more decisions by myself and it feels so much more rewarding. Thank you for commenting 🙂

I can totally relate to your thoughts girl! I’ve always been dependent and sometimes insecure that I need reassurance once in a while but some people decide things for me which is annoying. Like you said I’m just asking for an opinion and am not looking for someone to control the decisions that I make. I’ve decided to just stick with what I like and what I want to do which has made me feel more confident. Love this post, def inspiring girl ❤️

Thank you lovely for reading! I can really relate to this. Sometimes I just want to express how I feel to get it out there, but some people then start to give all this advice – not in a suggestive way, but more you HAVE to do this. It is better most times to just do what we want and let that decision play out. x

3. Infinite Living says

I am so happy to read your post – especially this one! I have always been so dependent, wanting to be reassured of my choices. You speak directly to me, in the not so distant past, on so many levels. As usual you are so thorough, powerful and beautiful in stating this perspectives.

Thank you so much for your always thoughtful words. In the past few weeks, I have really opened my eyes to how much I have depended on acceptance from others before doing something. It’s made me want to re-evaluate and push myself to make decisions alone.

4. Chloe Luna says

Oh I absolutely love this you are so beautiful and elegant as always and of course, so is your writing. This resonated with me on so many levels, thank you for sharing .xx

Thank you so much Chloe!! It’s such an easy habit to get into. I think blog posts like this are the only thing I just do without asking others first. xx

5. whenlifeawakens says

I’m a dependent queen is definitely something I can relate to, I feel like most of my teenage years were spent following what others were doing and consuming the world around me like a sponge rather than looking inward at who I truly was.

That’s exactly how mine was. I would just copy whoever I was with. I never really thought what about what I wanted or what I actually liked. I just assumed my opinions were not valid.

• whenlifeawakens says

I felt like I had to be like someone else to be seen, to be visible to others around me, it saddens me that I lost out on finding myself but I’m glad I’ve become so much more introspective now.

I felt the same but looking back, I’ve realised that everything had to happen to get to this point. It makes you want to work that much harder and accept yourself that much more.

6. thelonelyauthorblog says

I so agree with your thoughts, Letting someone else decide things for us would be the equivalent to throwing away wonderful opportunities. Thankfully, (well perhaps) I have always decided things for myself. Not always the right choice, but they were my choices. And you named the perfect song. My Way. It is better to do it our own way and suffer the consequense (and learn).

On a different note, these are the best photos you have posted on your blog. At least in my eyes they are. Love that shade of lipstick. Goes well with you.

Great advice. Stop asking for permission if you already now the answer. Good post.

Thank you Andrew! Maybe you liking the photos is also down to the lighting. I usually get too much sun or just cloud. And the hair is styled differently lol. Anywayyy…

I am a big Sinatra fan (I use to sneak his greatest hits album in my room when my mum wasn’t listening) and love the lyrics of the song. It’s very true. I think it is wonderful you always decide things for yourself and that’s a quality I admire! Thank you for reading 🙂