Comments

I love this post!
    You’re so right, everything is new photo = new clothes. I remember a few women in particular a few years ago. I would use the same shirt or the same jumper quite often. And every week it was that “hmm… you’re wearing thath again are you? Doesn’t seem very hygenic…” And I’m like… have these people not heard of a washing machine??? I’m quite sure it was a revolutionary invention!

I love the idea of a minimalist wardrobe! I think it’s great for several reasons. For me, it’s not possible. Because of my POTS I tend to sweat a lot more that others, and at times, I need to change my clothes 2 or 3 times/day. There’s (thankfully) no smell involved, but going around in wet clothes…

I love your style, you always look stunning and super confident!

Most women have a few favourites hanging up in their wardrobes that they like wearing more than other clothes. I’d understand if someone wore the exact same outfit every single day, but to regularly wear certain things is completely normal. And yet social-media makes it seem crazy!
      You’re too kind with your compliments. For some reason I look confident in camera, but in real life, I’m like hhh hi hii.

2. thelonelyauthorblog says

Well, on this subject I really can’t speak for myself. I have had girlfriends who may have benefited from a mood board. They often complained they had to much of one thing or color and not enough of another. It would appear to be a good tool for organizing one’s wardrobe.

As for the minimalist wardrobe, honestly, I don’t know, but I would think it should work for most women.

I find mood boards really help me. I used one to design my blog. Thank you for reading Andrew. I’m going to try to stick with minimalism. I hope you have a great weekend 🙂

So for ages now I’ve been trying to figure out where to go with my blog. And also, I wanted my Instagram to represent my blog, so it’s all together.
          Anyway the moodboard helped me decide my colour theme, style and even font. Like I kept looking at these classic 60’s images and that inspired this sort of chic feel that I’m trying to go for. lol I hope that makes sense!

• thelonelyauthorblog says

We have discussed what direction your blog should take. I think you even considered adding travel posts at one point. The thing I like about your blog is that it is always fresh.

Yes the image you tried to capture works well. Your post made me think about creating boards for the characters in my manuscript. It should help keep true to their character.

And then I realised I don’t travel enough lol. I have some travel posts but here and there I guess.
            I always get a little lost in my blog’s direction. I guess it’s insecurity creeping out as a writer, never knowing if I’m choosing topics interesting enough or covering what I think I should be.

I’d recommend boards for your characters. Anything that puts something together, like a reference point, is always helpful. 🙂

Love this! I feel like I buy so many clothes that I barely use and def need to consider the minimalist approach. Just buy a few really good quality clothes to save money instead of buying so many. It’s just easier to maintain.

Exactly! It annoys me that I’ve wasted money buying clothes that don’t even represent me, when I could have stuck to my minimalism and invested in better pieces. I guess you live and you learn right! x