Comments

Love your posts girl! I would have to agree that dieting and lifestyle takes time and a lot of effort and can’t be done short term. I’ve been really restricted on my diet and am conscious about what I eat but that only helps temporarily and I can see weight fluctuations. I feel like what you said was right…it’s not just the diet but controlling and balancing stress as well as good exercise, keeping the mind healthy as well and that’s what everyone needs to focus on more 🙂

Thank you lovely!! Sometimes when you’re too strict, it can backfire because you end up giving in to a lot of cravings after. That’s what happens to me. I always think the slighest changes continually made is the way forward. And trying to think health overall. Thank you for reading! x

A tub of ice-cream is always OK on your own 😉
    My thyroid is wrecking havock on my body and made me gain a total of about 50kg (I was 48kg to start with). Before that I just figured that eating what I liked, but in moderation, was good for me, and I never had any problems with it. But that’s me 🙂
    After my grandmum passed, my mum was really surprised by her journals, every weekend she would bake lots and lots of things and my grandparents would pretty much feast. Then, every monday, she would go on a diet again. It was so sad to read.

I think it’s so important to find what works, and to go back and see what’s not working. It’s so individual, so all of the good advice we find everywhere on social media isn’t good for all. And if someone gets angry because they think their way is the only way, that’s probably not someone to take advice from. At all.
    When I worked for Weight Watchers Sweden, soooo many women would ask me one thing after another on how they could loose weight but not change they way they eat. A lot of them said that they had to continue to eat the way they do, because it was a social thing with their friends and family. Saying no to something just wasn’t OK. Kind of broke my heart after a while 🙁

Social issues are a HUGE thing when your diet changes. When I cut out animal product, I felt so judged. And everyone made such an issue when we came to eat – as if they only ate fish and meat.

Then also at work, a lot of people don’t like when others are healthy. They made comments and say oh lighten up, just have some of these biscuits etc.

I agree that diets are so complex and it’s really down to each individual. I tried to follow the diet of this fitness guy and literally I felt faint and had to quickly buy food to eat.

• The Life of Jea says

Oh I hate when people do that, “oh don’t be so boring, just have a piece of cake!”
        It’s also pretty horrible to see some comments vegetarians and vegans get…
        It’s sad when people feel like they/we need to adjust our health and diet to other peoples feelings…

Tell me about it! At Christmas I had a lot of vegan snacks and meals, and people kept mentioning it. Are you still vegan…yes..yes I’m still the annoying girl at the table choosing to not eat this meat. It’s like, just deal with it! I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

• The Life of Jea says

I just read about a man that went to a restaurant with his job (that was paying for everything, including alcohol). When he found out that1 of the dishes, just one, was vegetarian (a lasagna) he got furious and started to yell at people and then left. He meant that nobdy respected him as a meat eater… I don’t even have words for it…
            I like eating more vegetarian, it feels fresher 🙂

3. Keri L. says

I love your take on diets and self image, and I’m really enjoying reading about the DNA dieting. I get so excited when I see you’ve posted a new blog!

This past year some of my coworkers did first the Whole30 Diet, and then switched to the Keto diet. Both brought about a lot of weight loss, but because they were so strict, my coworkers really struggled to afford (and even find) much of the food they were allowed to eat, and a lot of times they said they didn’t feel very good. They ended up abandoning the Keto diet after finding out they were close to getting what’s called the Keto flu, but, even after switching back to a regular lifestyle, they still haven’t gained hardly any weight back.

As for me, I kinda go with what Shaun T says, a 85% healthy, 15% unhealthy diet, and it works really well, and I always have energy, AND my skin has cleared up almost completely (plus, of course, weight loss)

Thanks another great blog!

Thank you Keri!! I really appreciate your comment!

I love Shaun T and his workouts. I still do Insanity every now and then. It’s great you have found what works for you and are noticing the benefits.

I understand with diets, some people follow them to get to a healthy weight, but then after I think they still have to adapt to a healthy lifestyle to continue. And many struggle with that. It’s interesting about your coworkers. I just think the diet industry tries to keep pushing a radical new diet and it doesn’t work because we are so individual. None of us really eat the same.

I’m going to try and create a blog schedule because right now it’s just posting when I have a chance. Thank you again 🙂

4. thelonelyauthorblog says

Good post. I think dsuccessful dieting begins with a mindset. The decision to accept a certain lifestyle that will bring healthy benefits is the choice a person must make. Asyou said, dad diets are short term solutions. Only a long lasting
    decision to brin on real long lasting change will deliver long term results.

That’s exactly what I think. You have to be willing to really make a change, and not just expect overnight results.
      Thank you as always for your thoughtful words 🙂

5. Infinite Living says

I love your well-researched articles that also come from personal experience. I agree with you that diet and exercise are sustained when they become a natural part of our healthy lifestyle and not a temporary regimen that exerts pressure towards a goal. Bringing any change is difficult in the beginning yet if we are consciously and consistently choosing what works for us, it gives long term positive results.

I’m definitely not a qualified expert so I really wanted to put a lot of research into this post. I think it’s really about baby steps and realising that if you have spent however many years of your life eating a certain way, you can’t just expect that to change immediately.
      Thank you so much for your comment and for taking the time to read.