Comments

Awesome post! I’m actually a morning person and am able to be more productive since I’m kinda used to that since childhood. But just because someone is not a morning person, doesn’t mean they are not successful. The norm is morning but the night owls are a bit more trendy. A lot of people esp my friends who are in med school are night owls and are very successful in life and career. I feel that people need to stop listening to what society says and just do what works for them 🙂

Thank you lovely! I absolutely agree. There’s nothing wrong with either, and it shouldn’t be about promoting one over the other. It just leads to unnecessary stress.

2. Melina Elisa says

OMG, i am not a morning person…at all. I have trouble sleeping most nights, and wake up extremely exhausted. Waking up early is for special days, or flights for vacation. I’ve tried for like a week the whole wake up early to work out and eat breakfast and everything, and lemme tell you. It doesn’t work for me. I’m in bed by 9:00 super exhausted but without being able to fall asleep for hours. I’m definitely sick of the morning routines. I mean, I don’t wake up super late on my days off, like 10-10:30AM, which is perfect for me. I’m definitely more of a night owl, and I’ve come to the conclusion that i’m okay with that. Great post Laura xx

Melina | http://www.melinaelisa.com

I’m the same! I’m constantly tired right now because I can’t help but fall asleep late and then wake up super early.
      I came across another article today about why you should have a morning routine, as morning people are most productive. It’s just annoying. Like some can be productive either way. xx

You’re telling me 5.30am is a real thing? Not sure about that… ;P

The only “fixed” thing I have in the morning is being clean and moisturized, everything else depends on what I’m doing that day.

I HATE waking up that early! The only exception is if I am waking up to go on holiday or somewhere nice.
      Yes hygiene is imperative, but things like running and an hour of stretching are optional. Thank you for reading.

I like the morning and I like getting things done, but I don’t like the pressure that you have to have this ridiculously organised routine to be successful or productive. I don’t like waking up too late though because it feels like the day has gone. Thank you girl as always x

4. hoiyinli says

You make such a great point! I have never been the one to exercise in the AM let alone 5am (although I lie – I have exercised after midnight before if that counts?). My favourite time to exercise is usually late morning/early afternoon or if we’re talking about a day where I’ve had work, I’m fine with working out anywhere between 8pm-11pm. The only thing that really affects exercise or anything you do for that matter, is if you do it – not the time. Honestly, I’d rather sleep and I’m not ashamed to admit that.

Haha, I have exercised after midnight before as well. And after work I’m exactly the same. I need about 30 minutes to just relax, and then I’m good to go. In the morning I’m just far too out of it to really give my all. And you shouldn’t be ashamed, sleep is important! 🙂

Secured By miniOrange