Comments

Oooh, I was about 7 or 8 when we had our “bring your teddy bear to school day”… It… was… horrible!
    I had my beloved pink dog and I was so proud to show it and tell everyone about it. But it wasn’t good enough… It wasn’t pretty enough, or new enough, it looked its age.
    I loved this dog so much, my mum gave it to me, and she gave a purple one to my younger brother, so it was extra special to me.
    I didn’t tell my parents either… I just said everyone loved it so much. I didn’t want my mum to be sad that nobody liked the dog she gave me. All that mattered was that I loved it 🙂
    I still have it in my bedroom almost 30 years later!!

2. K.M. Sutton says

I sound like a broken record but ALL of this! I can relate to every word you wrote and I can not wait to read Asha-deb’s post. Sometimes it is really hard to face our past and to relive it, to realize how much of our childhood has impacted our now. In most peoples minds I had a pretty “idyllic” childhood and yet I still had/have events and circumstances I needed to work through, which because of people’s opinions only made me feel guiltier. But the fact is unless someone is you, people have no idea what another person is going through or what makes them tick. Thanks for sharing this! <3

Thank you so much for your comment! It’s so good that someone understands and gets exactly what I’ve dealt with. Everyone argues that my childhood was great and I have no reason to complain, but they don’t know or understand half of what I had to go through. xx

3. Infinite Living says

Bravo!! Delightful applause and a loving hug to you – is what I feel after reading your post! This unfolding awareness of Whys is such an amazing journey of us awakening to all our deep conditioning. I look back and I am thrilled at my own journey that keeps continuing and the fact that it will not really end actually makes me curiously eager to keep going. Your sharing is going to empower so many journeys!

Thank you so much! Apologies for my late response. I feel I have become more aware of myself and I feel I’m on a new journey to discovering more. You have always come across to me as someone confident in themselves but curious to always learn more. I think that’s a perfect quality to have 🙂

Thank you girl for reading!! I really do feel I’ve been sleeping. I thought I knew myself so well, and I’ve learnt there’s actually a lot more to discover. xx

4. soyvirgo says

I have a few things that i think i need to write out and figure out where that toxic behavior started from. This is a really helpful technique! I hope i can find some kind of understanding for myself as well. Thank u for sharing it ❤

I had a therapy session with the author yesterday, and surprisingly, a lot of my issues are linked to my relationship with my mum, even though we get on well. One thing for example is my perfectionism. I over worry and create mental lists of tasks to get through, and that’s exactly what she does.
      I also found out that I grew up telling myself that I’m helpless and I was at fault for everything. So I now have to focus on myself and spend time each day going through what I love.
      I hope you are able to figure it out. I suggest trying to find connections between your past to how you are now.