Comments

1. Melina Elisa says

As always, you suck me in with your words. I’ve thought about potential kids recently. Not that I want any, but as you get older, it crosses your mind more and more. I’m telling you right now, I think next year will be the year I go to London. I haven’t had anything legitimately planned out, but to me it sounds perfect. I get to meet so many lovely blogger friends I’ve had the pleasure of knowing for the past…wow almost two years! I get to know another country in Europe. I will definitely look into london walks when I go. Great post Laura xx

melina | http://www.melinaelisa.com

It’s crazy how fast time goes! I always say each year I will go NY. There’s so many places I still want to visit. Definitely let me know if you do visit London. And thank you as always for reading! xx

2. Paolo B. says

Can totally relate to this. I was a lot more active on my social media probably just about over a year or so ago. Posting all the time checking, commenting etc. It does help grow your accounts, but there is a trade-off.

At one point I realized it was taking too much time. It was hindering me from improving myself, my creativity and writing so I had to rethink my time spent. Now I still go on it don’t get me wrong, but it’s more at a dose that I feel is healthy.

I think taking a step back and really thinking about why you do something so important. We only have so much time so chosing how we spend that time makes all the difference. Thanks for the insights Laura!

That’s the position I’m in now. I still use social-media and like connecting, but the time dedicated is too much. It has really hindered me focusing on my creativity and just having more freedom.
      And you’re absolutely right…how we spend our time makes all the difference. Thank you Paolo! 🙂

3. Chinyere Ogwe says

This post is interesting, because I really need to cut back on social media and maybe go on a detox. I deleted (not deactivated) my Facebook account several months ago so it can be done. In fact, I know I need to scale back on using my smartphone because I’m on it most of the time and it’s just too much!

I have Twitter and Instagram accounts for my blog but I think it’s best for me to outsource. I just don’t have the time to social media manage.

I deleted some of my social media accounts a while ago (Facebook at Tumblr) and I have stopped using my Pinterest account. I like Twitter and Instagram but I’m on those accounts a lot so it’s definitely time for me to step back. Too much social media usage is just not good for my soul! I’ve always found that when I take a break I feel liberated. Deleting my Facebook account was so freeing.

Chichi

Thank you Chichi for reading and commenting! I’m at a point where I’m spending a lot of time on social-media, but then I never have enough time. Like there will always be people I struggle to keep up with. My solution right now is to try and set time limits.

I use Twitter and Instagram the most as well. I have a Facebook blog page, but it’s been severely neglected, just like my Pinterest.

It’s so easy to get addicted to smart phones right. I’m even wondering whether it’s worth paying for an app like Hootsuite I think it’s called that let’s you organise all your social media posts for the week. I definitely feel much better since cutting back.

4. K.M. Sutton says

So funny you should mention this, because I recently took a hiatus from Facebook. I needed too. And I felt so much happier, more free, and shockingly, had a ton more time! There are pros and cons to social media, and it is great for keeping in touch, but it really is crazy how much it can be time consuming. Life is all about balance, and sometimes it is hard to find that, especially when new events and people (however happy and desired) come into your life. <3

I think my work and long commute are the two biggest consumers right now. I’ve never really used Facebook a lot. I find Instagram consumes my time the most. There are pros and cons to social media, but I’ve realised it shouldn’t affect what I’m most passionate about. Thank you as always for your thoughts

5. Infinite Living says

Your post speaks very clearly to me. I have recently landed on the same perspective and asked myself the same questions regarding my time on social media. I felt like I needed a parallel life to keep up with my intentions on social media and then keep producing authentic inspiration to fuel what shows up on social media to represent me. After all it is time with myself, nourishing my soul is what the whole thing an expression of. Then it became necessary for me to let go of my attachment to being that active on media.

Thank you!! Social media has become a pattern and it is an attachment. I feel I need a parallel life as well. But sticking to the one life I have, I have to make some changes. Thank you as ever for your wonderful input. I’m glad you understand where I’m coming from 🙂

Thank you girl! A break from social media can do a world of good! I’ve noticed how much more relaxed I’ve become since cutting back. I really appreciate you reading! xx

Thank you! I really recommend. I’ve asked the author if she can feature on my blog, so that should be published soon 🙂