Comments

1. thelonelyauthorblog says

LauraJ, thank you for this post. I have been debating where I would travel to first in Europe. It was a battle between Greece, Italy, and Spain. While I admit I was leaning toward Spain (stops in Barcelona, Ibiza, and Málaga), you just made up my mind for it. These photos are gorgeous.
    And congrats for being in love. It is a wonderful thing.

I’ve never been to Italy, but my sister went a few months ago and loved it. All three countries are really beautiful. I love Rhodes in Greece. But Spain is a stunning place in Europe to start.

If you go to Barcelona, I would suggest Madrid after. I believe that’s what a lot of people do. Barcelona is really for culture and exploration. It’s about the views, museums and architecture. 4 or 5 days is enough to see most attractions.

Whereas Ibiza, once you move away from the party section, is full of the most stunning beaches and outdoor cafe’s and bars. You can find the most amazing sunset, but beware because Ibiza is really expensive.

I hope that helps. But if you have any questions or anything, feel free to message!

2. K.M. Sutton says

I LOVED this so much! You wrote such a beautiful tribute to Barcelona, that I now want to go there. I think we all have that place that calls to us. That our heart just connects too, and eventually we need to settle there in order to feel complete. It sounds like Bareclona is your home of the soul. <3

Maybe it is. I would love to go again and really get lost and explore more of the non tourist areas. I think that’s the only way to tell. Thank you as always beauty! x

3. Jyo says

Seems u are so happy and enjoyed a lot lovely pics and great read about Barcelona.
    Your write up itself is tempting me to visit there…

I love the photos, it’s so beautiful!
    I was in Spain on a school trip about 19 years ago (and I feel really old typing that), we spent 1 day in Barcelona and oh my… it’s so wonderful there! There is always soething to do, somewhere to go. Obviously we didn’t get to see too much in one day, but it was all I needed to fall in love with the city!!

Thank you! One day is definitely enough. I always thought I was a Paris type of girl…like that’s the ultimate beauty. But now I’m not so sure.
      It feels kind of sad to be back home and not walking amongst the old buildings. If I didn’t have such a long list of other countries to visit, I would make an immediate plan to head back!

5. Mbalenhle says

First of all you look so happy! Secondly, l have beeeeen wanting to visit Spain, it’s definitely in my travel bucket list and you have made me want to book that plane ticket now

Thank you! I did feel really happy when I was out there. When you can, definitely book that ticket. There is so much to see and do in Barcelona, especially with free attractions.
      There I managed to visit a stunning garden for free. In the UK, that would cost me like £30!