Comments

1. Helene (AngelSpartaness) says

This was a marvelous read! I’ve heard of Deliciously Ella before but haven’t delved into the brand much. It irks me somewhat when plantbased recipes require so many expensive ingredients or an expensive food processor, not accessible to everyone! The wellness movement definitely changed my life, in some ways for the worse, but trying to be more plantbased definitely changed my life for the better. Thanks for posting, truly enjoyed reading this x

-Helene

Thank you girl! It puts people off from making plant-based food, when really it can be inexpensive and simple to make.
      I really regret buying a Nutribullet because it’s so expensive and only works with smoothies. Never again lol!
      If you don’t mind me asking, in what ways did the movement change you for the worst? x

• Helene (AngelSpartaness) says

In the worst? Hm… for me probably it was comparing myself to these unobtainable and unrealistic ideals. I wanted to be one of the bone-thin beautiful girls with my long hair flowing down to my ass, which is covered in a bikini and sand, while I sip a perfect smoothie from a little coconut on a beautiful beach somewhere, on my third vacation that year…but that’s not realistic lol it seemed to be all I was seeing though… Glad I wiped that mirage x

How I want to be on a beautiful beach three times a year with a smoothie of some sort! I try not to compare myself to anyone now because it takes me down a self-destructive path, but it can be hard. x

2. Jeas Wellness says

Wellness really mean so many different things to different people.
    I’ve visited her site once, but it wasn’t for me…
    I am a bit annoyed when people talk about how they recovered from their POTS after *insert their thing*. What none of them usually tell people, is that about 50% of everyone with POTS will recover within a few years, and there is no way of knowing if you belong to those 50% or not.
    About 25% stay the same forever, and about 25% get worse over time. Sadly I ended up amongst the 25% that get worse. And trust, I’ve tried eeeeverything 🙂

That’s interesting. I think diet can cure a lot and with me and it helped heal my acne, but I don’t believe it’s that simple. Illnesses are so complicated and there’s no guarentee a change in diet will work with everyone.
      So I do think people have to be more careful with how they word things or what they recommend. 🙂

3. K.M. Sutton says

I think I have mentioned before, but my issue with the diet and nutrition industry is the fact that many people act like it is their way or the high way, when our genetic make-up varies from person to person. I was vegetarian for ten years and had to stop due to severe anemia. I have gotten a ton of shame from people and the thinking they know more then my doctors or nutritionists. What diet works for one person may or does not work for someone else. We need to be respectful of that. and not shame people. It is a two way street. Thanks for sharing this beauty <3

I absolutely agree. I’m on a vegan diet, but I don’t think I have any right to dictate others to do the same or to go along with it. We all have to make our own choices and stick to what works for us. People can really only ever share what they do or give tips that help them. It’s really off-putting when someone says it’s what you HAVE to do. Thank you for reading! x

4. Melina Elisa says

I never heard of her or her story. While I find her grind extremely impressive, I completely agree where you’re coming from. This was really interesting to read. I’ve been thinking about using cook books in order to get more comfortable with the ktichen. This book definitely is not for me, aha! Great post Laura xx

Melina | http://www.melinaelisa.com

She’s quite well known in the UK. Especially in the wellness industry where she’s considered a big influencer. I think cookbooks have helped me a lot. I definitely recommend buying but yeah, maybe not this one! xx

Thank you! She has some nice recipes and I like her apple oat bake which I made yesterday, but it’s not a book I would go to often. Maybe if I had a good blender. I appreciate you reading! 🙂