Comments

1. hoiyinli says

I don’t think I will ever book a cruise holiday. I get sea/motion sickness and when I went for the first time for a week when I was 8 years old or something, I was sick for most of the journey. I don’t really have any of memories of it except that I was always sick lol! But of course, if it’s your thing then go for it! It’s just not for me…I can’t even handle a small boat ride for an hour without wanting to hurl.

I understand. My sister gets really bad motion sickness and she would say the exact same thing. I worry about sea sickness even though I’ve not had it before. I’m conflicted about whether to go on one.

2. jyo says

Nice share and very informative Laura❤ I have never gone on a cruise but love to go on it❤ and v r planning in the end of this year

3. It Girl says

I always wanted to go on a cruise. BUT, it actually costs a lot of money since you have to usually pay to fly in and out of the departing location. And also, it’s almost impossible to find a cruise that let’s you book as a single, which is quite unfair in my opinion haha

Lol I’m a complete baby and couldn’t travel by myself yet – but it is a shame that it’s hard to book single. You usually have to go on a ‘singles’ cruise which if you’re not looking to find love, can be annoying.
      I’ve seen some cruises with deals that pay for your flights and even transfers from the airport. But I guess it depends where you book and where you go. If you did go on a cruise, where would be your ideal location?

• It Girl says

Ive looked at Bahamas cruises and they looked great. Also to go around north of Canada and Alaska would’ve been awesome. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a cruise that pays for the flight from Toronto ;(

Have you tried air Canada vacations? I think they do something. It just depends whether it’s cheaper with the flights paid or whether you’re better off just buying your own flights.
          I would LOVE to travel to the Bahamas!!

4. Mbalenhle says

I have beeeeen longing for a cruise holiday and here in South Africa we are so lucky coz the country is just surrounded with the sea. Haha but I am just way too broke for it and I always struggle to save up!

I’m so conflicted because some of the comments say about sea sickness and others say you get over it. I hope soon the money comes in and you get to go. You’re definitely in a prime location! x

5. hell0chloe says

I really like the idea for cruises but I’m just not really a fan of boats / ships so the idea has never even crossed my mind – this was such a great read though! xx

As soon as I see a beach with boats, I instantly want to get in one. Even a pedal boat if that counts haha! But I also like the idea of getting off and being on land, so I’m kind of the same. I love the idea, but don’t know if I’d like it after a few days. xx

I would love to go to Hawaii!! I worry about being sea sick as well. Or just the thought of being on a boat with other people being sick, is just kind of off-putting. But I’ve heard many people recommend so maybe one day I’ll try.

• Always Cleia says

Yes that’s the worst part! I was feeling ok until everyone else got sick and then the smell of everyone being sick made me feel gross lol. Maybe it wouldn’t be an issue on a cruise boat because it’s much bigger and wouldn’t rock as much in the waves? Or at least you can get away from the seasick people xD

I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 2014 and was just so amazing and relaxing! I was def sea sick and all that and was pretty expensive, but def worth it once in your life since it was a great experience. I do recommend going with family or parents with older children since there are dangers associated with it.

Would you go on a cruise again? And what dangers are you referring to? It’s good that you found it relaxing. There’s something about being near water that’s super calming.

• Beyoutiful says

I would def go again but the dangers I was talking about was like children might fall over the balcony deck. There were some stories that some people commit suicide on cruises and all that. It’s extremely windy on the upper deck which can cause accidental falls really easily.

I really want to go on a cruise now but I’m going to bare this in mind. Maybe do a lot of research with the cruise companies. x

7. crystalsandcurls says

I’ve never actually considered taking a cruise before, but now that you mention it I’m onboard! I think hey sound like a perfect blend of relaxation and adventure 🙂 xx

It does sound like a good mix right! I’m a bit of a kid and would actually consider a Disney cruise…lunch with a cartoon mouse lol. xx

8. Megala says

Yes, I do like to go on a cruise holiday, but not more than 3 or 4 days. Soon I would start feeling guilty of wasting my time. By the way we are just thinking of a cruise trip to the nearby Andaman Nicobar islands, let me see whether we could make it or not ! 🙂

That island looks beautiful!! If I was going there, I would want to be off the boat and enjoying the location. 3 or 4 days sounds good 🙂

9. Melina Elisa says

I actually love cruises. I have been on 3 in my life. I’ve gotten to know so many islands that I would never had had the chance to if I were flying there. I think a cruise is the ultimate form of relaxation. Everything is at your disposal. So while your on land days, you’re adventuring, you come back and the food is there and ready, your beds are made. I don’t know how to explain why it’s better than a resort, but I never sleep as good as I do than when I’m on a cruise. I don’t think every trip should be a cruise, but I think they definitely should be taken every few years, and then choose ships that go to new locations! Great post Laura xx

Melina | http://www.melinaelisa.com

I’m glad you commented on this. I swear you went on a cruise last year. I like the idea of coming back and having my food all ready. And I think if you were continually travelling to different islands, there would be little time to get bored.
      I have trouble sleeping though so I think I will either go on one and sleep easily, or I’ll be up all night. But then again, the same could be said at a hotel! xx

10. K.M. Sutton says

SO informative! Thanks for sharing beauty! I have never done a cruise (though I know a bunch of people who worked on them) but it is on my bucket list. <3

Years back I considered working on one, but I was put off by the thought of working long hours everyday. Even though you can save a lot of money! Do you have any idea of where you would do a cruise? x

• K.M. Sutton says

That would have been fun! But it is long hours, but my friends made a ton of money. They are all performers so it was the perfect job. I haven’t really thought of it, except definitely some place warm. Maybe the Caribbean or Mediterranean. <3