Comments

1. Losing the Plot says

Such a different time, I think their sex appeal was enhanced because more was left to the imagination. These days with social media, you know everything about everyone as soon as it happens.

That’s very true. Mysteriousness has disappeared for many people. And the paparazzi didn’t follow them 24/7 like now.

2. Kerry LifeandLoves says

Ohhh I love this! Im obsessed with the true glamour that this era has. Bridget Bardot is one of my all time favourites, and full eye make up, nude lip was my signature look throughout my younger years. I just love the classiness of this era.

I adore the glamour from back then. And I’ve always loved Bardot’s makeup. It’s my next fall back if I’m not wearing red lips. xx

Thank you my dear friend! They basically created the meaning of glamour and it’s yet to be replicated. x

Thank you! I think you have such a fantastic blogging style. Your posts are like little musings, and as a blogger you really stand out because your posts follow the same style, yet they are each unique and individual. xx

3. It Girl says

You always have the most interesting blog post ideas! I always admired the old-fashioned Hollywood beauty – that sexiness without a ton of makeup or bare body. Great post!

Thank you! I adore Old Hollywood and love incorporating it into my blog. I will say though, they use to wear a ton of makeup. Because there were less products back then like no bronzer, the makeup artists had to work harder and for much longer to produce a natural look.
      The makeup was not out there though and they didn’t go overboard with contouring or cut-crease etc. So compare to now the finished look its much lighter.

They perfected the art of being sexy without showing too much. There was always an element of class right! I find Old Hollywood really inspirational as well 🙂

4. questionsfromateenager says

I love this post, it was something different and enjoyable! It also gave great insight into the way of thinking back then, especially out of a woman’s perspective! The Amazon prime series “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” also touches on women’s everyday beauty routine back in the 50’s – it was so interesting to watch, I highly recommend. xx

Thank you for reading and that recommendation! I’m always interested to read or watch anything that relates to that period back then. I’m always impressed by the makeup artists as well because they had much less products to work with. xx

5. thelonelyauthorblog says

This was a pleasure to read. I believe many of today’s women often overestimate the importance of clothes in seduction. The way a woman can look at a man can be so more seductive and enchanting. I agree that all the other things you mentioned are important, but I like to think the eyes may play the greatest role.