Comments

Thank you Lise! I agree, sometimes I overthink my outfits and what to do, and I forget basic things like where to eat and language barriers. x

I would love to learn Spanish. I knew a few phrases and words. I should have used it when I went to Paris. I don’t remember any French from school.

1. lifeofangela says

These are all great tips! I’m definitely with you on booking some activities and planning an itinerary before hand. The more I plan, the more prepared I feel haha!

I’m the same! I use to love the idea of just going somewhere and exploring, but now I really appreciate a plan.

2. Melina Elisa says

These tips are so great! I already have good translate on my phone, specifically for that reason! Also, when speaking spanish to my family members/friends sometimes I’ll forget a word or something and like looking it up instead of just saying it in english or describing the word. Where are you going to?!

Melina | melinaelisa.com

Thank you! Apologies for my late response, I found your comments in my spam folder. I would love to learn Spanish. I use to be friends with two Spanish girls – one would speak Mexican Spanish. She would teach me all these words and then I would go to the other girl who couldn’t understand it. xx

• Melina Elisa says

Mexican spanish is so difficult, but since at my job I speak with people from so many different spanish countries, I’ve learned loads of it! It also helps if you watch novelas, because most of them are filmed in mexico!