Comments

1. hoiyinli says

I have been following Blogilates since probably 2009/2010, when I was still in college. I’ve never been an active person really because I wasn’t great at sports and would dread PE class at school, but following her videos made me feel otherwise. I don’t watch her videos as much now because of being busy but I always refer back to them, and I’ve also purchased her PIIT program which I think is reasonably priced. 🙂 I like Cassey because of her energy and putting the fun back in fitness. (Some videos can make it seem like a chore or a boot camp.)

If I want to do HIIT, I really like Fitness Blender. They’re a husband/wife duo and their videos are simply edited – no thrills and there’s no music during their workouts which is great when you want to just listen to your own or have nothing at all. They have different levels/offer simplified moves.

Instagram has been a huge platform in recent years in pushing the fitness trend – I guess fit bodies really sell?? I follow Zanna Van Dijk (I actually own her one and only book Strong) and think she’s a good role model for women who lift.

I completely agree – Cassey has great energy and her workouts are quite fun.

Because I have a couple of Shaun T workouts dvd’s which are all HIIT, I tend to not use YouTube to look for others. But I will give them a try.

The fitness trend is huge on Instagram. It seems to be about lifting now and less on cardio. Thank you for reading and for your response.

I have always known some yoga poses – like downward facing dog and warrior etc, but it just never interested me. It was actually seeing so many of Instagram followers practice and discuss yoga, which made me want to join in.
      I hope you like her channel. 🙂

2. Helene (AngelSpartaness) says

This is an excellent and motivating post I like home workouts occasionally for the ease and comfort and convenience… and of course the privacy. Although I will admit, I do prefer to work out in a gym. Idk, I think it’s just the physical equipment that makes me feel like I’m being more efficient. Maybe that’s just me. But home workouts do have their benefits and I love to go to YouTube and do hour long yoga sessions and sometimes 10- or 25- minute kettle bell workouts if I’m feeling really up to it. Thanks for sharing these suggestions! I have to check a few of them out!

-Helene

• Helene (AngelSpartaness) says

Oh and btw–I’m sorry to hear about your pains. I’ve got spinal problems and other issues so I definitely can sympathize with how you must feel, being in chronic or sporadic pain. I’m sorry you have to go through it, although I know how you feel when you say you don’t like people to pity you. It is a tough position to be in, I do wish you well and hope that you feel better, though. Working out helps my pains and I hope it does continue to help you as well

I was always brought up to kind of just get on with things and so I have never really discussed it properly what’s it like to live with the effects post-surgery.
        I’m sorry to hear about your pain as well. I think I never got use to the rods inside my back. And sometimes it’s not even a pain issue but a feeling of uncomfortability. Exercise does help though.

• Helene (AngelSpartaness) says

Sometimes being uncomfortable is almost worse than being in straight-up pain, because pain your brain eventually numbs or pushes to the back of your mind and you can forget, but being uncomfortable makes it hard to concentrate on or do much of anything! At least for me. Eh my back problems I’ve had since I was a child, at least I know that staying active and in shape will keep most of my pain at bay. Xx

Thank you girl! I think most people prefer the gym and especially now that the whole lifting physique is in fashion. I think it’s about whatever works for you.
      I hope you like the suggestions and let me know if you do find any that you choose to exercise to. x

You look incredible girl and glad exercising is really working out for you! I’m so sorry to hear about your dislocated shoulder, I understand how it must have really hurt. Sure will get better over time <3 🙂

Thank you! It happened when I was 13 and in Dubai. I went on a surfing water ride and fell off the surfboard. Throughout the years it has dislocated since. I went to physio and it didn’t do much.
      I generally just try to take it easy but sometimes I can over exercise or push too far. I am doing some strength workouts on it which I think are helping. x

• Beyoutiful says

Im sorry to hear that! My bro had his shoulder dislocated after skiing and really said that it hurt and was painful. Totally feel ya and glad that these workouts are gradually making it better for you <3

Thank you! I have been really happy watching Yoga With Adrienne. Some of the yoga channels for me are too complicated or they don’t really explain well. I am very new to trying it.