Comments

1. Jyo says

Such a beautiful write up Laura…how will you choose such great concepts…really AH-MAZING !! For me self love is…..love yourself emotionally and physically…this is my favourite part of the whole process !!

Thank you! You write the nicest comments! Self love is definitely emotional and physical. For the longest time I ignored the emotional side.

2. whatismaria says

You look gorgeous in the photos and this is another beautifully written and honest piece! I think that people forget how many things self love encompasses and you’ve captured all of them – I think that as perfectionists, we need to appreciate our efforts and dedication even when things do not go to plan, as our willingness to work hard is such an important part of our personality. Xx

Thank you Maria!! I think that’s the important thing – appreciating our effort. Because perfectionists usually focus only on the results and not the actual dedication. xx

3. Brittney Ross says

Self-love is all of those things you mentioned above, and for me, self-love is extremely hard. Sometimes I show myself the grace I deserve, other times I don’t. It’s definitely a work in progress but it’s so rewarding when I have those little breakthroughs and can see the light! Thank you for sharing this, it was a really great read and an even better reminder! <3 <3

I think self-love is hard for most people. We definitely live in a society which wants us to feel insecure enough to buy into their marketing. I used to work on a skincare brand and they would tell us to always encourage a customer to feel as though they have to buy 3 products. And sometimes it felt like you were selling them confidence.
      It’s the best feeling when you do feel good. Keep up the work in progress because I am sure any insecurity you have – is only visible to you and not the rest of the world. 🙂 x

That is a great way to look at self-love. All three are important. There have been times when I have only focused on my body or just my mind and I was not satisfied.