Comments

When my skin was super oily (it is still oily now but not so severe), I was obsessed with powder. But then I was told that powder can actually gets the skin to produce more oil. I would say cut back on powder and use more tissue or oil control pads. (I am assuming you have oily skin).
      Also, using a lot less foundation on your T-zone or areas where you get oily really helps.

• hoiyinli says

That makes a lot of sense. I think a lot of products can have counteractive consequences if you overuse. I recently completely stopped using dry shampoo because I felt it was over-drying my scalp (probably my bad too, not so much the product?) and I’m so much better without it now!

Quick story about dry shampoo actually. A hairstylist told me how she once assisted on a hair advert for a huge brand. They did a before and after shot and in the before, they purposely sprayed a bottle of dry shampoo on the models hair so that it looked as dry as possible.
          I do love dry shampoo though! I cut back on the amount I was using as well and it has worked better.

1. SimpleSerenity says

Lighting is such an important part especially when it comes to base makeup. When I was in high school I used to do makeup in bad lighting and I do think that was one of the reasons why my makeup wasn’t good. I agree with all of these when it comes to base makeup, it is the most important part of whole makeup look. xx

Yeah I definitely think the first part of makeup starts with skin. I will never forget this woman told me that she couldn’t find a good foundation. I looked at her skin and her foundation was really patchy and flaky.
      I then asked her what moisturiser she uses. She said I don’t use one. It turned out she didn’t even cleanse her skin properly at night or exfoliate but blamed her foundation for not blending smoothly!! xx

• SimpleSerenity says

Oh that sounds crazy for me. If I would go to bed without taking my makeup off really well and give a good cleanse and hydration I think my skin would just be oily mess and full of acne. xx

I know I could not imagine doing it. I might have to do a post one day on some of my makeup stories like this. It is quite shocking. xx

2. sarganser says

Hello
    Thanks for sharing, im guilt in almost all you mentioned but I guess that`s because I`m always on the run in the mornings,applying quick lipgloss and maybe mascara in the ladies room at work.
    Will make more effort in the future.

I have done all these things as well. I don’t think there is anything wrong with applying a hint of makeup quickly.
      Sometimes people overcompensate when rushing and apply a lot without blending properly. I used to just throw anything on and rush out. But even if you have an extra 10 seconds to go over your mascara or something, it makes a huge difference. Thank you for reading.