Comments

1. hoiyinli says

This was such a strong read! Never ever, ever stop writing!! (You seriously make me want to aspire to write better, this was really so good.)

We’re all our own monster. Even worse if you’re a creative and I’ll be the first to testify to that. But I find that it gets a bit better as you get older. You just have to trust yourself in the long run and not beat yourself so much. If everything was so great, how would we know it’s great eh? 🙂

Thank you so much! Your comment means everything to me and I don’t think that I ever could stop writing. It feels like such a part of me now.
      I think creative people are definitely more unsure of themselves as well. When I look back, I really do notice how far I have come. Thank you for taking the time to read.

2. Jyo says

Pain makes us compassionate, wiser and stronger….pain is sometimes the training you need to pass the tests of life….really u are strong Laura !!

Thank you Jyolik! I really agree. I think without pain, people would not be unable to understand happiness. And without learning how to process negative experiences, we would not know our strength.

Thank you! I think it made me realise just how important our thoughts are. If I never took the time to change mine and be more positive, I would have continued to be insecure.

3. Lindsey says

I feel sad by this, because I know the feelings. The loneliness and sadness the feelings cause. Being different sucks, big time (though accepting those differences is so liberating). I still fight insecurity and this fear. But we all got to keep moving forward and trying our best to fight it. Thank you for being candid and not sugarcoating. Life isn’t all beautiful and that’s nice to see.

I completely agree – we have to keep moving forward and fighting our fear.
      It is funny because trendsetters are generally individuals and that is celebrated. I wish I could go back and tell my younger self that it is ok to not be like everyone else.
      Thank you for Lindsey for reading! Life is definitely not all beautiful.

Thank you!! It was really therapeutic and it made me realise how confused my mind must be. I have told it two different things 24/7! Thank you for reading. xx