Comments

• lauzieslifestyle says

Thank you! I am a little insecure about my poetry so you calling me a brilliant writer is a really nice compliment! There is so much to still see and do. I sometimes wonder if I will ever be satisfied with my experiences.

1. Lee says

I’m always inspired by my experiences and what I’m feeling deeply in a moment, music, and reading poetry. This has been inspiring as wellโœจ

2. questionsfromateenager says

As Chuck Close once said: “Inspiration is for amateurs. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself.”
    I totally believe that. I base my poetry on my own life and those around me, but I’ve always found that my best work comes when I least expect it. As long as I keep producing, I see results.

• lauzieslifestyle says

That is a very wise quote and I am really glad that you shared it! I completely agree as well, I think you learn from experience and without trying, there is only so much planning that you can do.
      I have never really thought about my best work before. I suppose because I have genuinely kept it to myself. I will have to read some of yours. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Coyote from Orion says

I found as an undergrad writer that writing and workshopping poetry is possibly the bravest thing I have ever done. I have fought for my life and I have been to the funerals of brother and best mate. I still feel that opening my soul to other creatives was more intimidating especially because they were good and were not supposed to bring anything irrelevant from outside to the workshop.

• lauzieslifestyle says

I think poetry is generally very open and personal. It is almost like revealing your most hidden thoughts or inner feelings. To do that in front of people who also do the same, must be very intimidating. But I also like with creativity, that there is not necessarily a ‘better’ and everyone has their own opinions. Thank you for sharing this.