Comments

1. angelspartaness says

Thank you for posting 🙂 In today’s society, it’s too easy to scroll through the ‘gram and see an endless sea of perfect bodies. Yes, the definition of what constitutes a “perfect body” is changing lately and opening up to include more body shapes and types, but there are still a select few body types that are widely considered to be “better”. It’s hard to learn not to compare yourself and learn to love your own unique look. The stuff that you post helps, at least it helps me 🙂 Thanks for posting xx

-Helene, https://angelspartaness.com/

• lauzieslifestyle says

I think the problem is, we are now embracing fitness, women lifting, curves etc. But again, they are very specific. We have an ideal on how a girl should look who lifts, or how a girl should look who is curvy. So even if you do fit the ideal, you might not be classified as ‘perfect’.
      I always think about Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. Two completely different looking women who both have their own type of beauty. Trends will always come and go and what is sad is that when the body trends change again, all these people who are ideal now, may feel insecure.
      I completely agree with you, it is so easy to look online and question ourselves. I am really glad that this has helped. xx

2. My Real Dish says

I teach Spanish, and I had my kids read about the trends of figures since the 1900s in our Beauty and Esthetics Unit. We were discussing the definition of beauty. In the end you just have to be you, and not worry about what other people say is pretty / acceptable.

• lauzieslifestyle says

I would love to learn Spanish. The topic as well I would find interesting.
      I agree, we just have to be ourselves and embrace who we are, without the worry of others. Thank you for reading.

3. lauzieslifestyle says

That’s true, taking care of yourself is the main thing!
    I do not actually have a Facebook for my blog, but it is something I am considering. I will take a look at your blog post. Thank you for letting me know! x

4. about healthy lifestyle says

All women should feel pride in their body. In the society in which we live nothing pleases anyone, that is, if you are thin, fat or fit will criticize you. So it is to be as we like to be. Today the trend is one, tomorrow will be another. We should look at ourselves with confidence. Health is a precious commodity. Your body is beautiful! Xx

• lauzieslifestyle says

I love how you put this. It is so true, we live in a society where nothing pleases anyone. Our bodies may be accepted, but only for a short period of time. We have to learn to accept and embrace ourselves. Xx

5. nataliesalchemy says

Loved this! But, you forgot the cone/ inverted triangle shape! haha – that’s me! I love though that you discuss that the fitness we see now popular on instagram is another trend of what body shape we should strive for! Like you, I think it’s fantastic that lifting and gaining muscles is more accepted/ tolerated, but because I do have the inverted triangle shape, I do look much more masculine than the avg. instagram lifters, and I think people still judge (too skinny, too muscular, not fit enough, too vain) no matter your efforts. So, I hope that we strive more for accepting all body types, all forms of exercise, and that we love and take of our bodies. Great post!!

Natalie | http://nataliesalchemy.wordpress.com

• lauzieslifestyle says

Apologies, I have added the inverted triangle shape now. Lol – I knew there was one that I was missing!
      I agree, I think fitness is about acceptance and pushing yourself, so people should not judge and stereotype so much. Thank you for reading! x

6. Azra says

I’m a total pear shape, never had “any” boobs ahha. I just think that no matter which shape you are if you are happy and comfortable in that body it is the sexiest shape there is haha. I feel like social media sites do put too much pressure on us to look the way it is “the best”. But who knows what is the best, we all have our preference to the way we look right? xx

• lauzieslifestyle says

I agree and if you think about it, there is no such thing as a perfect body shape, because the trends change so often. If there was really a better type, than it would never really change.
      Being happy and comfortable is definitely sexy! xx