The versatile blogger award:
I have been nominated by the wonderful Jess. I highly recommend that you check out her blog – she has me wanting to buy so many different clothes and accessories!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and share their link
- Nominated 10 other bloggers and share their links, male sure to tell them!
- Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers do not know of.
My 7 facts:
1. As I child, I loved playing with dolls. I would turn my house into a shopping mall, with a lift (bathroom), clothing store (bedroom) and a cafe (of course, the kitchen/dining room). My favourite doll Jane, soon turned into James however, when I cut off all her hair and then decided she had to be a boy. I even cut away her eyelashes and decided that her green top luckily, was boyish enough.
2. My music taste is the most collective that you will ever find. The only thing I don’t listen too is heavy metal. Otherwise, any decade and genre could appear on my YouTube playlist.
3. I dislocated my right shoulder on a water ride in Dubai. I got rushed away to the most incredible hospital that I have ever seen (marble floor!) and had a doctor telling me to relax whilst he pushed it back in. It has since come out about 8 times (I was 13 when it first happened), but regular exercise has so far kept it under control.
4. I had a pet chinchilla named Charlie. I had him since I was 3 and when he passed away when I was 18, I went into work the next day and was so distraught. I said “charlie died” and they literally thought he was a person, from how emotionally affected I was. I now have a dog but I will always miss my chinchilla.
5. I consider my style to be very simplistic. Occasionally, the odd pop of colour or pattern is invited into my wardrobe. Mostly, it is dominantly neutrals. I also rarely wear jewellery.
6. My favourite film is the Lindsay Lohan 1998 version of The Parent Trap. I cannot tell you how many times that I have seen this movie and will continue to watch – I know practically every line! And can we stop for a second to discuss how incredible Natasha Richardson looked. Her outfits, her wardrobe – in fact her entire house. I cannot lie, I used to wish she was my mum – I mean if I had to choose a film character to be her – no offence to my own!
7. In a close second, is any romantic Old Hollywood film. I adore Old Hollywood film stars and I like watching documentaries on them. Audrey Hepburn, Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe, Marlon Brando (swoon) and Paul Newman, are a small handful of my favourites. In addition, I like Brigitte Bardot and Sophia Loren. I think that they are incredibly fascinating.
Sunshine blogger award
Nominated by Rose. She has a perfect lifestyle blog featuring everything from recipes, travel and inspiration. I loved reading about her time in Paris. You should all go and check it out!
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominated 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What is the biggest regret in your life?
Holding back; being afraid to admit my feelings. I’m a passionate person now and I put myself out there. Sometimes I give the wrong person too many chances, but at least I don’t have regret. The “what if” scenario, is the worst possible feeling.
2. Which book has been the most influential on you?
Seeds for the soul by Chuck Hillig. It’s the first “motivational” book that I have ever read. It’s an incredibly fascinating book on thoughts and ideas. It really makes you think, without telling you what to do. I think it has made me a better person and a far wiser soul.
3. If there was one person, alive or dead you could meet to spend a couple of hours with to chat, who would it be and why?
I would choose all my grandparents. As you said one however, I will choose my grandfather who I never got to meet. He had a really extraordinary life. He won a scholarship to the UK where he studied law, maths and science at uni. I wish I had that intelligence!
4. Are you a cat or dog person?
Definitely a dog. I can’t say that I am a big fan of cats. Although, they look cute in photos.
5. If you could talk to your younger self, what would you say?
Don’t be afraid to be who you are. Hating yourself won’t make you any better and striving for little won’t make you more accomplished. You have to spend more time focusing on the good; your time is the most precious quality and the most wasted gift”.
6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The power to read minds. One thing that it took forever to realise – you never really know someone. It’s amazing how many thoughts our minds dissolve, yet how little of those we actually share – even though we might think we do.
7. What inspires you when blogging?
I’m inspired by my own creativity – as weird as that sounds. I always want to push myself further, to write topics that make people wonder. People themselves, always inspire me. But honestly, I see myself as my own competition. I strive to achieve more inspiration than I did the other day.
8. If you could take 5 items on a desert island with you, what would they be?
Assuming/pretending that I already have water and basic survival equipment; my phone, a great book, paper and a pen, an elastic hair band to hide my hair when I want to cut it all off and some lip balm.
9. At what moment in your life have you felt the happiest?
Little moments in my life make me happy. Looking out from the Eiffel Tower, laughing freely on a date, going out with my friends. I haven’t experienced one defining moment.
10. What genre of music do you enjoy listening to?
Everything! I like mainstream, dance, hip-hop, r&b, indie…I can’t think of much that I don’t listen to. My playlist can literally switch from Ed Sheeran, George Michael and then some old school hip-hop. I love old-school in general!
11. What is your biggest secret? ( Don’t worry about sharing anything too personal!)
I seem to have a thing for guys that are older than me.