There are enough enemies in the world to not be your own friend.
- I write my own quotes – you will see them throughout this post. I have written poetry since I was 11 years old.
- I’m a true believer of love. I am very romantic – The Old Hollywood kind and rather selective. I have had my heart-broken a couple of times, but I always believe that pain makes for great writing.
- Generally I prefer older men (me and my dad get along fine). Seriously, it’s not an ‘issue’. I think I have always been mature for my age and I am an ‘old soul’.
- My friends go to me for advice. I think I am wise because I have been through a lot. I have this ability to always see the other person’s perspective.
- When I am in a relationship – there is nothing that I will not do. And that’s the secret ingredient which can lead to me being taken advantage of.
We have to keep our hearts full so that we never become hungry enough; to eat words that are not worthy of our appetites.
- Laura Jane is in reference to my mum. Jane is only my middle name but she wanted me to be named Laura Jane as a single first. Lauz ( pronounced lawz) is my nickname.
- It took an entire weekend to come up with The Style of Laura Jane. I kept writing down various adjectives which I sourced from the dictionary.
- When I have my mind-set to something, it is very hard to change it. As a teenager, I made decisions which I have still stuck to today. At 15 I said that I would tone up and lose a shoe size – and I did. I truly believe in myself and I never put any limitations on my thoughts. I take baby steps and then I leap.
- 5 is my favourite number followed by 8.
- Spirituality is a big part of my life. My mother can do tarot reading. Growing up, my bookshelf had at least three books on horoscopes.
You realise that you’ve had so much life, but you still haven’t lived.
- My first pet was a chinchilla who stayed with me from the ages of 3 to 18. I was absolutely devastated when we had to put him down. I now have a dog that I treat like a child.
- My family used to say that I should be a lawyer because I am so cold-hearted (No offence to lawyers). Experiences of bullying and pain from childhood which they were unaware of, made me keep everything to myself. Not once did I cry in public or show emotion.
- Now I am an open book. I am blunt and opinionated, but I am also incredibly sarcastic. I am known for my humour and always make people laugh – I can do accents fairly well.
- Laughter is the best medicine. I don’t take life seriously (except work) and I make fun of myself a lot.
- Old Hollywood films and Disney; they take up at least 80% of my Sky planner.
Whether it is work, relationships or just life in general, sometimes rejection is a good thing. Not only does it make you stronger, you can end up moving forward.
- Music is playing at any given opportunity. I grew up listening to a varied group of sounds – from the 50’s right through to the 90’s. I was rapping along to Snoop Dogg and Notorious BIG as a child. Rap taught me how to flow my writing and how to write poetry.
- Fitness and health are crucial in keeping me feeling strong and self-happy. I enjoy healthy cooking although I am messy. In fact I am a messy person – I spill things 24/7. And in saying that, I am also very clean – I want everything tidy and organised.
- My memory is very good. I can vividly recall events from 20 years ago as though they have just happened. The downside is that it takes longer to move on from my past.
- There are days when I feel hideous. I am completely self-critical. My whole life I have been analytical. Learning to be positive has been my hardest lesson.
- A sensitive soul who dreams and enjoys glamour. I mainly refer to Old Hollywood for inspiration – I should have been born 50 years ago. Currently I do not like what most people my age like. I prefer deep conversations and appreciate history, watching documentaries, learning culture and visiting museums.
I never wanted to admit that I was afraid; it feels like every person in my life has found a reason to stray. And although they come back, I know that I have always stayed. And although I tell lies, my white ones never made you want to cry.
That is it from me. I hope you were somewhat interested in finding out more about Laura Jane (third person – why not). I would love to know if you can relate or agree to any points.